username : student
click image processing -> click Notes download (PDF format )
Assume that a video system has
- Each frame size 512 by 512;
- 30 frames/ second;
- 8 bits for each color component.
(1) What is the minimum data rate needed to transmit the video if the data are uncompressed?
ans: 512* 512* 30* 3 bytes = 23592960 bytes = 23 MB ( 3 bytes = 24 bits ( 8 bits for each color component) )
(2) What compression ratio is needed to transmit the data through a modem with the speed of 56K bit/s?
ans : convert it to bits : 23592960 * 8 / (56 * 1024)
(3) Suppose that we can down-sample the image to reduce the amount of data. For a compression ratio of 100, what is the maximum image size the above modem can handle?
ans : let the unknown be x : (convert it to bits )
(x^2 )* 30* 3* 8/ 100 = 56* 1024
x^2 = 7964
x = 79