Sonntag, 28. Oktober 2012

a FIRM point of distinction between object and subject

a FIRM point of distinction between object and subject

If everything objective is eliminated, we are left at least with that DETERMINES ITSELF, and [ what ] is DETERMINED by ITSELF, [ i.e.] , the SELF or SUBJECT.

subject or object are so far determined by EACH OTHER, that the one is absolutely excluded by the other.

If the self determines itself merely, it determines nothing beyond itself, and if it determines something BEYOND itself, it does NOT determine merely itself.

But the self is now determined as that which REMAINS over, AFTER all objects have been ELIMINATED by the absolute power of abstraction;

and the not-self as that from which abstraction can be made by this same abstractive power:

and thus we now have a FIRM point of distinction between object and subject.

. . .
Everything that I abstract from, everything I can think AWAY . . . , is NOT my self, and I OPPOSE it to my self merely by regarding it as something that I can THINK AWAY . . .


Keine Kommentare: